If your furnace is running but not producing heat, it could indicate an issue with the thermostat. It’s possible that the thermostat has been set too low or needs to be reset. Additionally, if you have a filter on your furnace, it should be checked and changed depending on its type and condition. A clogged filter can restrict airflow and reduce the amount of heat circulating through your home.
Below are some common reasons why your furnace may not be producing heat:
1. Thermostat Issue – One of the most common causes of a furnace running but not heating is a malfunctioning thermostat. A faulty thermostat can cause the furnace to run continuously without heating your home.
2. Clogged Air Filter – Another common cause is a very dirty or clogged air filter, which restricts air flow and prevents proper operation of the furnace. Make sure to regularly check and replace your air filter every 3 months or as recommended by your HVAC technician for optimal performance.
3. Malfunctioning Flame Sensor – The flame sensor is responsible for detecting whether or not the burner pilot light has ignited successfully, so if it’s malfunctioning then it won’t be able to do its job.
4. Blower Motor Issues – The blower motor is responsible for delivering air throughout your home, so if it’s not working properly then your furnace won’t be able to heat your home effectively.
5. Clogged Burners – Clogged burners can prevent your furnace from heating as they are responsible for igniting the fuel and creating heat and combustion in the furnace. If you notice that your furnace isn’t heating properly, it may be worth checking the burners for signs of clogs or blockage. This can usually be done easily with a flashlight and a vacuum cleaner. Regular furnace maintenance will ensure any potential issues are caught before they become more serious and costly problems down the line.
If you have identified any of these reasons as the source of your furnace running but not heating, contact a certified HVAC technician to help diagnose and resolve the issue. Ignoring the issue can be dangerous for you and your family and could cost more money in repairs or replacement fees down the line. We highly recommend having regular maintenance to ensure that all components are in good working order, helping you avoid any potential breakdowns. With proper maintenance, your furnace should operate efficiently and reliably for years to come.
We at AM/PM Heating And Cooling are here to help with all your furnace repair and maintenance needs. Contact us today for consultation and estimate!